Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Goals





The beginning of a New Year always face us with the question, "What do we want to change about ourselves this year?" Well, I always ask myself that question, at least. I spend the last month of December reflecting on the past year, the good and the bad and what I want to do to change it. Some things are minuscule and some things are important for my well being. I like to have a list of 5 to 10 things that I will work on. Here is my list for 2014, and I really look forward to updating you on how I do.

1. Stress Less. This is the most important one to me, for my well being. I've had a very hard time this last year, the year before and the year before that coping with almost anything that would rub me the wrong way. Things like the house being slightly messy, the laundry needing to be done, the trash needing to be taken out, the dogs being slightly smelly, little things in life that shouldn't bother me but do. I'm going to have to do this in steps, obviously, especially with starting a family and learning how to take care of a newborn. Therefore, I'm going to learn to remain calm in stressful situations, learn to control when I get angry and to remember that I do not control everything. I can't, it isn't humanly possible. So, I think remembering that, it will help me to stress less, argue less, and get angry less. 

2. Read More Books. When looking back at this past year, I had purchased several books with the intent of reading them and I started them, but never ended up even getting past the first page because I would end up too distracted. So, my goal is to, at most, read a book a month and discover new authors. 

3. Write More. I used to have such a passion for writing and I definitely want to bring some of that back. I really miss sitting and writing short stories, so I'm hoping to have written at least one by the end of the year.

4. Cook More. Cook Healthy. I have to admit, I don't cook much. I normally resort to fast food or ordering in because it is the easy way out and I normally feel like taking that. Well, always. So, this year, at least 3 to 5 nights a week I want to cook at home and I want to cook healthy food. I definitely plan on sharing new recipe's and meals that I find that I like. 

5. Run a 5k. I used to run so much and then I moved out and I took a decline in my health and didn't take care of myself as well as I should. Then, right before I had found out I was pregnant, I had decided to completely change my lifestyle, but I found out I was pregnant and that went completely out the window for me, for some reason. So, by the end of this year I want to be able to run a 5k, especially after having a baby this month. It'll be a fantastic accomplishment for me, and I can't wait to share about it.

What are some of your goals for 2014? 

No comments:

Post a Comment