Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Milk Chocolate and Nutella Truffles...yum

I got the idea from www.abeautifulmess.com , which is a blog that I absolutely love.
They made a White Chocolate and Nutella Truffles , which is where I took the recipe from, but, obviously, I have changed it.'

The only reason I tried making these is because my guy, LOVES them. He absolutely loves truffles. Also, my father loves them as well. And since, these were a success, I'm going to make them for Christmas!

Recipe:
7 ounces dark chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup Nutella
2 cups milk chocolate chips (you can use whatever chocolate you would prefer)
1 tablespoon oil (I used vegetable)
 sprinkles (optional, used for garnish)


To Make:
1.I don't own a double boiler so I used a glass bowl set over simmering water to melt together the first four ingredients (dark chocolate, butter, whipping cream and Nutella). Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, if you want to do it a . If you leave the mixture in the refrigerator for longer than 2 hours, it will likely become too firm to work with. So just allow it to soften at room temperature until it is easy to work with. 
2. I powder my hands with cocoa, so the mixture is easier to work with and doesn't stick to everything. (You can use a spoon for this as well) I form the mixture into balls (and yes, even with cocoa powder it causes quite a mess). Once you have all the truffles formed, place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
 3.In the mean time, get a microwave safe bowl and melt the oil and milk chocolate. I did it on high and every thirty seconds I stirred (it doesnt take too long to melt the chocolate, depending on how much you have). Once, it is melted, dip each truffle into the chocolate and place on a sheet of wax paper (or aluminum foil sprayed with pam). As you are working, put the sprinkles on, and if you prefer drizzle some extra chocolate on top for fun. 

It's fun and easy and messy and one of my favorite things to make. Especially since my guy loved them!  I love finding new treats to make, how about you?


I think next, I'm going to try and make it with nuts. We will see how it goes. (:
This is the only truffle that I made that looked absolutely perfect, kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment