Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Writing on Photos

I absolutely love the fact that I am able to write on photos, and I want to share a little bit of that with you. I have photoshop on my computer, so to write on it, I use the Wacom Bamboo Tablet, which I absolutely adore. 

To start, open up a photo in your photoshop that you want to add writing to. I chose my Tea of the Month photo.

 Then, pick the color you want to use on your photo. I chose white because I like the way that looks on the majority of photos. It's pretty much the color I always use unless the photo is white.
Then, pick the weight in pixels of your writing. In this example I used 45 px because I wanted the writing to be thicker. Then write and enjoy! Also, make sure you save your photo.
A little bit of a disclaimer: when I first got the tablet, I had an extremely hard time figuring how to actually make my handwriting decent on the tablet (I don't have the best handwriting in the first place), but I sat and practiced for ever and finally, kind of, got it. Also, it is very easy to mess-up, like a dog jumps on the couch or you just aren't paying to much attention, so remember they make an undo button! Also on a mac it is command+z and on a pc it is ctrl+z. Practice makes perfect!

If you have ever tried using any kind of writing tablet to do this kind of thing, tell me about your experience or if you have any tips as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment