Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pregnancy Update // 37 Weeks 4 Days

 No more toes, well they've been gone since about 18 weeks, but this was a very impossible task to even try to get them involved (which I finally got a pedicure, which was all kinds of lovely).
 My belly is now measuring about 53" around. That's crazy. And last week when I got a sonogram while I was in the hospital they said he weighed about 6 lbs 1 ounce give or take 14 ounces. Now, that's crazy.
 An accidental photo, but I love it for some reason.

I never thought that I would complain so much during my pregnancy, but a few weeks back I had reached the point of complete uncomfortable-ness. Or so I thought. But, since I got out of the hospital last week I have been having steady contractions that are anywhere from 4 to 6 minutes apart, but are completely bearable and the doctor isn't concerned about. I've done everything that the old wives tales say to do to make them get stronger. It  works for maybe 30 minutes and then it goes back to normal. It is driving me batty. I want to meet this little man, so incredibly bad. I also want to be a bit more comfortable, especially since I am having such a hard time. Laying on the floor is an impossible task, sitting too long hurts and the thought of standing makes my feet swell. But, on the plus side, since he has dropped I am able to eat more comfortably and breathe easier, which is an A plus in my book.

A lot of times, they say babies aren't as active toward the end of the pregnancy because they have run out of room, well, my son decided that that was the perfect opportunity to roll around and kick and have a party. Needless to say, he is more active now then he was before. And I absolutely love it. I know I will miss the belly a little bit, but I will really miss his movements that love to keep me up at night. 

I hear motherhood is delightful and I am really looking forward to it. I know my mom is too, especially since she texts me 2 to 3 times a day asking how I'm doing. I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment