Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Shrimp Tacos

 This is definitely my go to taco meal. Yes, I love it with ground beef, ground turkey and even chicken, but it is no where near as light and filling than with shrimp. I can eat two small tacos and feel completely satisfied and know I didn't go insane on my calorie count, especially when I'm craving something Mexican.

What you need:
  • 1 pound of shrimp (spices - some kind of cajun or red pepper - I don't use taco seasoning because it makes it to heavy, in my opinion)
  • brown rice
  • 1 can sweet corn
  • cheese
  • small tortilla shells (or hard taco shells)
  • salsa
  • light sour cream
  • siracha








I make two that look just like this and I am an extremely happy camper. You can also add lettuce and really anything that your hearts desire. 
Also, what is great about this meal, you can use the leftovers tomorrow at lunch with lettuce wraps. It's absolutely perfect and one of my favorite dinners. It also keeps my man happy, he loves Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment