Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Painting Inside Drawers

We just moved into an older town home. It was built in the 1970's, i think? Anyways, it's old. Had the original paint on the walls, the original wall paper on the wall, original everything. So, all my recent projects are having to do with the house. Eventually, whenever I get it all done, I'll do a home tour. Right now, I'm trying to do a room at a time, which can be hard sometimes.

Anyways, I have started this project because I hate what the inside of the cabinets and drawers look like. Basically, its just old looking.

What I used:
 - cleaner
 - sand paper
 - paint
 - foam brushes (i used the largest size)
 - drawer
 - patience

This is the inside of it, its an off white creamy color. I don't like it, so I wanted to refresh it.
 That is cockroach poop, which is disgusting because this particular drawer is my silverware drawer. So, I scrubbed and I scrubbed until I was satisfied (and I can be a major clean freak), then I sanded every little bit of it and washed out the saw dust and started painting. 
 It took about two coats to completely cover whatever was left of the other color. And I think the nice thing about this is, you can change it whenever your feeling spontaneous.
Now, it's all my drawers are white and pretty. And I like them a lot more. It's really simple, and I hope this inspires you to change something you might not being liking so much. Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment