Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Painting the Laundry Room Cubby

So, last night I decided in the spur of the moment that I wanted to finish a project. I didn't want a complicated or long one so I decided to just paint in our laundry room cubby. In the area of this house there isn't any windows or lighting so to brighten it up I decided to paint it white. It took me under an hour, but I got it done.

Did anyone notice that our washer and dryer are backwards? Whoever built the house was left handed. haha
Originally, this cubby had closet doors on it. We ended up taking them off, 1. because I didn't like them and 2. because we couldn't open the washer and dryer doors to get the close in there. Now, I don't like them wide open, so I am trying to figure out a neat way that both Cody and I will like (if you have any ideas leave them in the comments).
So, wallaaah! I like the paint color in there. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it looks really good. I can't wait to start adding more shelves and making it more convenient for use. Eventually, I want to get the drawers that go underneath the washer and dryer, but I just haven't had time to go and do that yet. I want to add wood shelves in several different areas and even a clothing bar in there to hang dry whatever I need to. I'll update photos and the process whenever I get done with it. 

If you get inspired to do something, just do it. You'll be satisfied with it when it is done and it is best to keep the creative side of you active!

No comments:

Post a Comment