Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Make your own Peanut Butter!

I decided to do this because I am a huge peanut butter fan and I have been wanting to try it for a while. So I did. Have patients. I didn't get it right the first time or the second time, but I ended up getting it down. 

What you need:
peanuts
a pan
a blender
a mason jar

Most peanut butters you make, you have to add oil and other things, but as I was doing my research on how to do this (as I always do), I found that if you roast the peanuts, you wont have to add the oil. I thought that it was super convenient for me because I didn't want to add any extra oil to it. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit to roast the peanuts
Before the roastin'
After!
Then, put your lovely peanuts into a blender. This part takes a good bit of time, and mixing and please have patience with your blender. I had to! I have one from Walmart that really isn't that fantastic, but it ended up getting the job done. Also, if you want to flavor it, this is the time to add it. Whether it be spicy, cinnamon  almond extract or vanilla extract, do it now. You can pretty much add anything into it!


And walla! Your peanut butter is done. Pour it from the blender into the mason jar and put it in the fridge. I like it a lot! I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment