Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Crochet Square Blanket

I had started this project about a month or so ago. I had honestly gotten bored and wanted to do something in the time I was just sitting around doing nothing (which isn't very often), so I started this square blanket. I had mentioned it in a previous post. It's 3 colors: black, white and grey. I had started it because I have an insane obsession with blankets and I can never find one that I'm willing to spend money on, so for $25 worth of yarn, I got this lovely blanket. 
I absolutely love this blanket, and it's obvious by the dog hair on it, that my dogs do too. Eventually, I want to add more squares to it doubling it in size and eventually making it a king size blanket. It just involves me going to the store and picking it up and currently with holiday time, I'm just not in that much of a rush, but eventually I will. I really look forward to it. 

My main goal with this lovely blanket was to make it almost like a comforter for our bed or a lovely blanket to take outside and sit on. Just a diverse, huge, whatever blanket. It's always really rewarding when it is something that you have spent the time making and you reap the benefits from it. It overall took me two weeks to do because I crocheted each square and then put them together. I love how it turned out and I can't wait to crochet more things.

If you want to make a blanket like this, the squares are 50 chain stitch by 50 single-chained rows. I will share a tutorial on how to crochet the squares together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment