Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Updated Pillows // Living Room Update

In my bits and pieces about my living room I have/had these pillows that I just wasn't liking very much. They are the red/tan/brown ones that have circles and squares on them. Those pillows just didn't work for me, but they came with the couches when we got them, so I dealt with them until I was going to figure out what I wanted to do with them or I got new ones. Then, the other day while I was on Pinterest looking at different pillows, I had remembered that I had bought fabric a long time ago and hadn't done anything with it. So, when I took it out to look at it, it just worked.
 It worked by just fitting in with the random scheme of things. Of course she had to model.
 That adorable face, I just couldn't resist.
 I went ahead and made this couch the green and blue couch, since I had a blanket and everything flowed and matched. I absolutely love the touches the updated pillow gives. At least I am satisfied, for now.



 I had these three different types of fabric, so I decided to go ahead and remake all four pillows. It was pretty easy. I didn't do any exact measuring or anything. I laid the pillow on the fabric while it was in half and cut around it leaving enough room for error. Then I flipped the fabric inside out using the fold seem as and end. I hand stitched the two sides and then pulled the pillow out meanwhile flipping the cover right side out. The folding the two edges in, I stitched it on the outside as narrow and as close as possible, so it wouldn't be so noticeable. 
It's really simple to do, no matter what kind of pillow you have, especially if you have enough fabric on hand. I love these pillows ten times more and they don't irk me when I go out into the living room. And they are great to mix and match if I want!

Have you had any pillows that you have given a makeover?

No comments:

Post a Comment